The Judicial Board shall have the following responsibilities:
- Complaints regarding the conduct of any elected or appointed UMSU directors;
- Complaints concerning any committee of the UMSU Board of Directors;
- Reviewing and adjudicating complaints arising from UMSU elections;
- To be responsible for executive oversight, namely ensuring that all UMSU Executive Members are adhering to time and workload commitments and meeting all deadlines for reports to the UMSU Board of Directors as well as the consideration and recommendation of performance incentives.
Member Services Committee
The mandate of the Member Services Committee shall be to review the administration and operation of all services provided to students by UMSU, manage all policies and procedures related to the implementation, continuation, termination, or creation of UMSU Services.
The Member Services Committee shall have jurisdiction over all Services which UMSU provides to its members.
The Member Services Committee shall be able to create, approve, and modify Student Club Policy.
The committee shall be responsible for:
- Processing and approving travel grant applications;
- Reviewing and deciding appeals related to the Health and Dental plan.
The mandate of the Governance Committee is to maintain and develop modifications to the Governing Documents of the Union, as well as advising Executives and the Board on positions to take on issues not covered in Position Statements.
The Governance Committee shall have jurisdiction over the Bylaws, as well as the Governance and Operations Manual, the Election and Referendum Manual, and the Position Statements Book.
The Governance Committee shall provide opinions or produce research for any initiatives, programs, or other activities that the Board wishes to be examined.
Space Revitalization Committee
The mandate of the Space Revitalization Committee shall be to develop and propose ideas and plans to the Executives and the UMSU Board of Directors regarding the use of student space within University Centre.
The mandate of the U-Pass Committee is to oversee the Universal Transit Pass (U-Pass), which UMSU provides to its members in conjunction with Winnipeg Transit. The committee shall:
- Review the effectiveness of the U-Pass;
- Recommend changes to the U-Pass to the appropriate party;
- To assist in organizing referenda on any changes to the U-Pass;
- Actively review student appeals of the U-Pass fee assessment.
UMSU Board Chair
The University of Manitoba Students’ Union is seeking an individual to serve as Chair of the UMSU Board of Directors for the 2018/2019 year. The primary role will be to facilitate UMSU Board meetings to ensure that meetings are conducted in an effective manner, pursuant to the UMSU Governing Documents. Apply today! Details here: Position Overview
Director of Bannatyne Operations
Term Position: June 1, 2018 to April 30, 2019
UMSU is hiring a Director of Bannatyne Operations (DBO). The DBO is responsible for:
- Advocacy concerns of Bannatyne Undergraduate Students in association with the Vice President Advocacy.
- Setting and maintaining a minimum of five (5) set office hours per week in an office provided by UMSU.
- Attending all Board meetings, as an ex-officio, non-voting member.
- Act as Chair for the Bannatyne Board of Senior Sticks, in conjunction with the UMSU President.
- Assist with the planning and other logistics of the Bannatyne Orientation week — both in September and January.
Apply today! Details here: Position Overview
***For the above opportunities, Interested students should apply with a cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30, 2018.***
UMFM Board Member
The University of Manitoba Students’ Union is seeking an undergraduate individual to serve as UMFM Board Member on the UMSU Board of Directors for the 2018/2019 year.
Responsibilities include attending UMSU Board meetings throughout the year and participating in Board discussions and votes.