UMSU has a number of opportunities for you to get involved this year! We have several spots open on each of our committees, as well as a few individual positions open for applications.
Finance (Up to 3 members at large):
- Looks after the finances of the union
- Ensures proper oversight of hardship funding, capital projects and all expenditures
- Proposes and has the power to revise the annual budget.
Governance (Up to 3 members at large):
- Looks after the governing documents of the union
- Proposes and reviews any changes to the bylaws, governance and operations manual, position statement book, or elections and referendums manual
Member Services (Up to 3 members at large):
- Looks after all services of the union
- Reviews any and all agreements pertaining to, and the performance of, all UMSU services including peer tutoring, UPass and the health and dental plan.
- Allocates funding towards student groups and student travel grants
Judicial Board (5 members at large):
- Oversees conduct of UMSU executives and reports to the board
- Holds hearings on, and rules on, any appeals during the election period
Participatory Budgeting Working Group (4 members at large):
- Allocates funding from previous year’s budget in accordance with the referendum result
- Promotion and intake of student submissions for this year’s participatory budget
- Operating the referendum based on student submissions and feedback for how $25,000 of student money should be allocated
Chief Returning Officer (part-time salaried position):
- Operate the elections of UMSU including executive and community representative positions
- Assist all student associations of UMSU with their electoral needs and logistics questions
Chairperson (voluntary with honorarium):
- Be a neutral chair at each meeting of UMSU’s board of directors (approximately 20 meetings)
- Ensure Robert’s Rules of Order is followed
- Assist any member with submitting motions or questions related to the bylaws or proper conduct in meetings
Director of Bannatyne Operations:
- Ensure UMSU’s services and representation extend to the Bannatyne campus
- Report any concerns or issues related to Bannatyne services to the VP Student Life
To apply, please email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter by June 19th, 2019!
APPLICATION DEADLINE NOW EXTENDED TO JULY 5, 2019!