UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA STUDENTS’ UNION
Position: Marketing Manager
Reporting to the General Manager (GM), the Marketing Manager will be responsible for: all facets of marketing, managing and supporting the marketing staff, developing, implementing, forecasting, the annual strategic plan, researching, and budgeting. The incumbent will also have a strong set of skills in program management, communications, finance and administration. The Marketing Manager sets goals, performs day to day operational work, and evaluates results to ensure that organizational objectives and operating requirements are met and are in line with the needs, core values and mission of UMSU.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, certificate or diploma in marketing and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
· Minimum of three(3) years: managing staff, problem-solving, technical skills, job specific skills, project focus,
· Proficient with Microsoft Office and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite;
· Oversee and co-ordinate the operations of the marketing department;
· Experience preparing correspondence for the social platforms, including reports, letters and marketable merchandise;
· Experience in the design and ordering of promotional items;
· Experience working for Not-For-Profit organizations, Boards & Committees is considered an asset;
· Prepare monthly/annual reports on activities and results, status and objectives of the department;
· Strong analytical, problem solving, time management, adaptable to change and organizational skills;
· Ability to meet deadlines while multitasking in a fast-paced environment;
· Knowledge of UMSU, history, businesses and services.
UMSU promotes Employment Equity and is strongly committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. Therefore, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily self-identify on their application if they are members of the underrepresented group (woman, Indigenous person, a person with a disability or a visible minority). Full job description upon request.
We offer competitive benefits package and pension plan. We wish to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants considered will be contacted for an interview. Please provide a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references and identify on your cover letter how you meet the desired qualifications listed by Wednesday October 12, 2021 to:
The Human Resource Department,
101 UMSU University Centre,
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3T 2N2
or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org