Are you Eligible to Opt-In to the U-Pass?
Some students do not automatically receive a U-Pass, but are eligible to opt-in with appropriate documentation. If you choose to opt-in, the applicable U-Pass fee will be paid in person at the UMSU Service Centre.
You are eligible to opt-in to the U-Pass program if you are one of the following:
- Co-op student for the Term (assessed Co-op fees)
- Exchange visiting student registered in at least 9 credit hours this Term
- Extended Education student taking General Studies and registered in at least 9 credit hours this Term *this is the ONLY EE program eligible for the U-Pass*
- Letter of Permission student registered in at least 9 credit hours this Term
- Practicum student registered in at least 9 credit hours this Term
- Registered with Student Accessibility Services in a reduced course load, with at least 6 credit hours this Term
*Part-Time students, Extended Education certificate program students, ICM students, and non-students are NOT eligible for the U-Pass.-
How to Opt-In to the U-Pass:
- Fill out an opt-in application.
- Attach your “Account Summary by Term” for the Fall 2023 term from Aurora.
- Attach your “Student Detail Schedule” for the Fall 2023 term from Aurora.
- Bring all documentation to the UMSU Service Centre and pay U-Pass fee in person
Note: that there are NO REFUNDS for opting in to the U-Pass. If you are eligible to opt in, but may be adding a class, please wait until you are fully registered for the Term to ensure you are not already assessed the U-Pass fee.
If you are not assessed Student Organization Fees on your tuition fee statement, it will not be worth opting-in to the U-Pass program, and you may opt to purchase a semester pass offered by Winnipeg Transit instead.
You may print and fill out the U-Pass opt-in form below and bring it with you to the UMSU Service Centre or you can pick up a form from us at the Service Centre.