UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA STUDENTS’ UNION
University of Manitoba Students’ Union (UMSU) is a non-profit organization which advocates on behalf of its memberships’ best interests to internal and external stakeholders. Our primary objectives are to serve students and strive to enhance student life and the quality of education through consultation, representation and advocacy.
Services Coordinator 1 Year Term Position
Reporting to the Service Centre Manager, this full-time term position is primarily responsible for the operations of the Student Clubs and Student Associations within the University of Manitoba campus. The Coordinator is the primary liaison between UMSU Executives (specifically the Vice President Student Life) and the Student Clubs, and undertakes the various questions, inquiries, concerns and complaints. In addition, the incumbent develops close relationship ties with all Student Clubs/Student Associations and represents UMSU on behalf of the Executive team to the clubs. This includes daily, weekly, and monthly interactions with the Club members. The Services Coordinator will become well versed in all Student Club/Student Association policies; which includes funding criteria, committee structures and relevant UMSU operational procedures.
Skills & Responsibilities
- Oversees all initiatives and activities related to the Student Clubs/Student Associations/Community Representatives;
- Provides guidance, support and direction on funding availability to encourage the success of Student initiatives;
- Review funding applications and contact clubs for further info; prepares funding package to be reviewed at the MSC meetings; present funding requests, and communicate funding decisions to the clubs,; prepares cheque requisitions for approved funding;
- Reviews and accepts new club applications;
- Administers the event approval process for Student Clubs/Student Associations/Community Representatives
- Provide consultation to Student Clubs/Associations with regards to formally drafting and amending constitutions;
- Ensures Student Clubs/Student Associations have access to, and informed of current and new policies, procedures and practices;
- Works closely with Marketing to develop communication plans via website, digital and social media advertising channels;
- Business Administration/Assistant, Management certificate/diploma or;
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
UMSU promotes Employment Equity and is strongly committed to building a skilled and
diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. Therefore, we promote employment equity and encourage candidates to voluntarily self-identify on their application if they are members of the underrepresented group (woman, Indigenous person, a person with a disability or a visible minority).
Position wage is based on an individual’s education and experience. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We wish to thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants considered will be contacted for an interview. Please provide a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references and identify how you meet the desired qualifications listed by Monday May 31, 2021 to:
The Human Resource Department, 101 UMSU University Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba,
R3T 2N2, or
email to: email@example.com
The job postings can also be found at www.UMSU.ca