Active Minds is a student led, student run, mental health awareness and advocacy group that is established for the expressed purposes of, and exists on campus to:
1) Raise awareness of the students, faculty, administrators and staff at the University of Manitoba about mental health including; issues surrounding mental health, symptoms related to mental health disorders, and mental health resources available both on campus and in the community.
2) Decrease stigma surrounding mental health and mental health disorders / issues so that students as well as other campus members will feel more comfortable openly discussing mental-health related issues and seeking help when it is needed. As well as work to create an overall comfortable campus environment for open conversation about mental health.
3) Promote positive mental health and wellness as well as promote general awareness of holistic health by emphasizing care of both body and mind.
4) Provide easy access information and resources regarding mental health and mental health disorders (including but not exclusive of: Eating Disorders, Depression, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Anxiety Disorders, etc.)
5) Serve as a liaison between the student body and the mental health community by holding campus-wide activities such as hosting guest speakers, providing informational fact sheets, organizing fundraisers and running national Active Minds programs designed to reduce stigma and raise mental health awareness.
Active Minds spreads awareness about Mental Health through a variety of campus wide events, programs and initiatives.
|Discord Page||Join Us!|
|Constitution||Active Minds Constitution 2022-2023|