Our objective is working collectively towards promoting nutrition related topics on campus and in the community by supporting Human Nutritional Science Students with relevant information, resources and networking opportunities.
The vision of Nutrition Education and Community Outreach (NECO) is to:
– Provide opportunities for Human Nutritional Sciences students to educate and facilitate community outreach on campus and in Winnipeg,
– Provide students professional development opportunities,
– Foster a community for Human Nutritional Sciences students to create relationships with their peers, faculty, and staff and engage with the Department of Food and Human Nutritional Sciences and the University of Manitoba Fort Garry Campus,
– Develop initiatives that benefit our program, department, and faculty,
– Create fundraising opportunities to support organizations within Manitoba related to food and nutrition, and
– Develop relationships with other student groups and offices on campus to provide collaborative events and opportunities that accomplish our common goals related to food and nutrition.