UMSU SUPPORT SERVICES
UMSU Sponsorship for Student Association Events
Description – To request for UMSU Sponsorship for your Student Association Event, please provide the following in your email to us.
- Email Message: Identifying Information
- Your Contact’s Full Name
- Your Contact’s Role
- Student Association Represented
- Your Contact’s Information (Phone Number & Email Address)
- Student Association’s Contact Information
- Attachment: Sponsorship Package (pdf)
- Requested sponsorship amount
- What your Event is
- Other Additional Details
Please send your email to this email address.
Student Association Election Requests
Student Associations are student-organized groups which advocate for, represent, and provide services to students enrolled in a particular faculty, college, or residence.
As mandated by University of Manitoba Students’ Union (UMSU) bylaws, student associations must possess and adhere to their own bylaws which mandate their existence. Association-specific constitutions/bylaws must be observed in order retain official membership, recognition, and status as a funding recipient group under UMSU. UMSU does not hold a stake in student associations outside of this scope as association-specific governing documents take precedent.
By submitting this form, you – the Chief Returning Officer (CRO) – acknowledge:
- That all information submitted is correct and has been carefully reviewed.
- That UMSU requires a minimum of a one-week review period between the submission of election request documents and the facilitation of said election.
- That you and the student association you represent have reviewed and understood your association’s bylaws pertaining to the appointment and requirements of the CRO and election procedures.
- That you and the student association you represent know that any potential conflicts of interest in the appointment of the CRO have been avoided or mitigated in the interest of your association. In the case of conflicts of interest, UMSU does not hold any authority or power over re-appointment, repercussions, or avenues for reparation.
- That you are submitting this form in accordance with both UMSU and Association-specific bylaws.
Please contact us if you have any questions.
- It is important you read the description above before submitting your request.
- Please submit your election requests here.
Association Executive Training Workshops
Update Association Directory Page
Description – Every Student Association has their own directory page. If you would like to update it, please contact us to request revising your page.