Who Gets the U-Pass?
Who is Automatically Assessed the U-Pass Fee?
Full time Students
Only full-time students – students enrolled in at least nine (9) credit hours in a Term* – who are members of UMSU or the Graduate Students’ Association are eligible for the U-Pass**.
*If all your classes are Distance Education courses you will not be assessed the U-Pass fee.
**Please note that the criteria for full-time status for graduate students differs from undergraduate students.
- Visit the GSA website here for more information.
*ICM, Extended Education, Part Time Students, and some other programs are not eligible for the U-Pass. Please check your Account Summary by Term on Aurora to confirm if you have been charged the U-Pass fee.
Who can Opt-In?
You may be eligible to opt in to get a U-Pass in the following circumstances:
- Co-op student for the Term (assessed Co-op fees)
- Exchange visiting student registered in at least 9 credit hours this Term
- Extended Education student taking General Studies and registered in at least 9 credit hours this Term *this is the ONLY EE program eligible for the U-Pass*
- Letter of Permission student registered in at least 9 credit hours this Term
- Practicum student registered in at least 9 credit hours this Term
- Registered with Student Accessibility Services in a reduced course load, with at least 6 credit hours this Term
Please visit our opt-in page here to see if you are eligible and what documentation you will need.